No sound in screen sharing videos

I am an English teacher and it is a must to share PC audio during my classes in order they follow the exercise at the same time.

It would be great to add shared PC screen with PC audio as an option.

Please consider the petition. Thanks.

You can add a box to include “share PC audio” before sharing PC screen. It will help to decide whether or not use PC audio. I am a teacher as I have explained before, and the caster is a good idea, but not in online classes when students have to listen at the same time an audio exercise.

Yes, we agree. This is very useful feature. It is in our todo list.

Thank you
Eugene

1 Like

Thanks!!! It will be really useful!!!

This is the only reason that my Macintosh User’s Group will need to use Zoom over FCC. Being able to share the computer audio during screen sharing is crucial. We would like to be able to share training and technique videos over a video conference & without the audio it’s useless. We even tried various ways using third party audio software to try to share the audio with no success. Please implement this feature sooner than later.

1 Like

Good information thanks for sharing
vmware

This is ABSOLUTELY putting FCC at a disadvantage and the ONLY reason why more folks don’t use FCC. You folks HAVE to enhance your technology to allow for this. As sooooo many folks have said, sharing training and other videos over a video conference platform is useless. I want to try and stay with FCC but this lack of audio and my having to make all sorts of other adaptations is forcing me to move to another provider. I hope you get this solved before I leave. I would love to stay and support this video conferencing platform.

1 Like

thank you for believing in us :slight_smile:
On Mac this feature hopefully to be released in a week. On Windows we do not have the date yet.

In meanwhile you may find broadcaster to be somewhat useful. You can upload your mp4 file to a broadcaster and then stream it to your conference.

Thank you,
Eugene

To solve this issue look at this Video :slight_smile: https://youtu.be/CRkdz_Nd1b4

1 Like

Search for VB Audio Virtual Cable https://vb-audio.com/Cable/

Good news, everyone!

The audio sharing is available on Mac and Windows. Here is how to access it.

Please let share your feedback!
Thank you,
Eugene

Thanks for the information Thanks for sharing.

Vegus168 สมัคร

Is this feature also in development for the iOS app (iPhone and ipad)?
If so, when might it be live?
If not, are the plans to do so?
Thanks,
Jason

we have not looked into it yet, but I am afraid it might be not possible. We’ll take a look though.
Thank you,
Eugene

Can I share a video with sound saved on my PC?

Not directly from the local hard drive.
To do this you need to upload the mp4 file to the broadcaster and play it via the broadcaster.

i think so. using the app on your pc as host, select share from the task bar, select your pc screen to share and make sure to check off the box next to “share computer sound” before you click ‘start sharing’ That should work. The sound will not work if you have the computer app synced with your phone.

why not for Linux ubuntu? We don’t have any chance to share our audio

Thank you for giving the voice for Linux community!

The reason why Linux is not immediately supported is that we did not see much demand but implementation is still not trivial. Your feedback helps us to bump a priority of this task.

Thank you,
Eugene

Thank you, I am coordinating a network of 4000 educational institutions in Italy www.europole.org
we have bought 20gb recording space and using your marvellous platform for our important training courses. Moreover I am also the former president of a world network nobodyless about prosocial values www,nobodyless.org also in this network with thousand of schools we will use your platform. Most of us are using opensource linux, and we encounter that problem, the only one up to now,. thank you

2 Likes