Background Noise Cancellation

Hi! Is it possible to cancel the background noise of attendees? If not any plan? I think some apps like MS Team, Zoom have this feature.

Hello! It’s possible to mute the participants, also if they use FCC desktop app they can activate “Use ambient noize reduction” feature under Preferences - Audio. In mobile app they can use “Auto gain control” and “Echo cancellation” under Profile - Additional settings.

besides measures mentioned above we also testing more aggressive noise suppression on the server side. If you are interested to participate in the testing - please send me a private message with your MeetingID.

I think there are three kinds of noise to suppress:

• participants speaking/typing/fidgeting when someone else is speaking — solved if they mute themselves, or if the host can ‘remotely’ mute them;
  • genuine background noise (e.g. vacuuming) when a presenter is speaking — may be difficult, but I think this is what you’re focussed on above; and
  • echo of speaker, feedback through unmuted listener’s computer — this was something I noticed, which is that I could occasionally hear my voice coming back, because the other person’s microphone was picking it up coming out of their speakers; I suspect this could be feasible to suppress, because FCC should know exactly the signal that was just sent out to that computer.

—DIV