Can I start a conference through a linux script automatically

Hi there,
is there a possibility to start a conferencecall automatically as a host through a script? E.G. every Sunday at a fixed time. And is there a possibility to end a conference automatically after a fixed time?
thank you.

Hello, Currently there is no way to do it. But I think it is an interesting idea. I think what we can implement is the ability to initiate a broadcast ( this the existing feature) through the API.

This way you may get the following:

• whenever you want meeting to get started you make an API call to us indicating which file to play (it can be a previously recorded meeting, music or even a silence file)
  • when file is over it is considered as “host left the meeting” and conference may be terminated

Does it makes sense or the word “API” sounds too scary?

Thank you,
Eugene

Thanks for your fast reply. But we want to automatically start a Live
conference not a broadcoast via script and define an Youtube Livestream audio as “Speaker input”. The aim is to make it possible for people with no internet to listen
into a Youtube-Livestream. Could that work?

You did not mention the

Youtube Livestream audio as “Speaker input”

in the original request. This makes the story substantially more complicated.

With the broadcasting feature you can indeed start the “a Live
conference” allowing people to participate (or listen).

If connecting to a livestream is your ultimate goal I am afraid there is no simple solution for you.

Thanks a lot for your reply. And I’m sorry for not being precise in my request. I feared that the Youtube-Part would be the hangup.
But no matter of this part would work, could you point me how to start “a live conference” with the broadcast feature?
Thanks.

But no matter of this part would work, could you point me how to start “a live conference” with the broadcast feature?

This is something we are adding to our API. Please check www.freeconferencecall.com/api. You may want to familiarize yourself with the existing API while we are adding this feature.

Thank you,
Eugene