Carrier Surcharges - Updates?

Do we have any update on carrier surcharges? I am still experiencing some carriers such as Google Voice and Verizon that are charging a 1-centr (USD) per minute access fee to use FCC. I have advised my callers that they can contact Customer Support for a back line access, insert the call’s phone number, and then the pin as CS instructed, but more often than not the callers just give up. Not to mention needing to call CS first to get a back line number is adding to people’s frustration. we love the service but i am dealing with mostly a non-tech savvy group of users who just want to call in, pin number it, and talk when we have a meeting.

Has the Federal Communication Commission offered any relief? What about state’s attorney generals? If trunk carriers are cherry-picking what service is getting a surcharge there may be legal issues at the state level let alone the federal level.

What do users like us do?

Unfortunately, we do not have any updates from the Federal Communications Commission on the 1c charge, however we are still actively working on a resolution.

We have a new feature for your callers to be able to connect without having to call Customer Care. Anyone may simply text the conference dial in number the phrase “Call Me” and the bridge will call them back connecting them into the conference.

Additionally, the back-up numbers you were provided by Customer Care in the past will still work and do not expire.

We hope this helps. Thank you for reaching out to us!