Custom Greeting not Work Properly

I uploaded custom greetings & custom music on hold. Custom music is working fine but not the custom greetings. I tested it by joining my own meeting from my mobile. If I am logged in from my computer, l hear “The host has not arrived yet, please wait.” followed by the custom music. Else if I am logged in on my computer, I hear “Please announce yourself”. How can I get my custom greetings played for my attendees?

This issue is resolved. After uploading my custom greetings, I didn’t click on the save bottun at the bottom of the page. Once I did that, my custom greetings & music both started perfectly well. Thanks for valuable support.

1 Like

I have issues with the greetings. I am found since I have set my custom greetings, I am facing following issues:

1. The participants don’t hear my voice most of the time. So much so that I had to uninstall & reinstall FCC desktop app.
  2. All of a sudden the participants stop getting my voice.
  3. After the meeting has started, the greetings keep on playing.
  4. I keep listening to my welcome message when I log in. Why should I get to hear my own welcome message at the first place? Even if I take it as a way to ensure that the welcome message is playing correctly, it should stop after playing once. But it keeps playing even after the meeting has started.

Hello,

1-2 is not expected. Reinstalling the app is unlikely to help. We will be happy to debug this problem with you if you are able to reproduce it. Please send me a private message if you are willing to continue.

3-4 is how it supposed to be.
The welcome prompt is played to everyone upon joining the meeting. This is why it is a good idea to keep it short. The Wellcome prompt is played only once.
Don’t confuse it with Music on Hold. It is playing in a loop if person is on hold or he/she is the only person in the conference.

Thank you,
Eugene

Hello Eugene (@etcipnja), Thanks for your kind reply. Yes, I would like to continue but I do not know how to reproduce it. Moreover, it is not possible to ask participants to be on hold when the meeting is on for reproducing the instance of no sound.

I am talking of the greeting message getting played repeatedly even after 2 or more persons are in the meeting. In my opinion, the host should be able to control in the settings how the greeting message is played. The host should be given the control if they want to listen to their own greetings or not.

Warm regards,

Rahul Dev

Hello,

please note that you did not complain about hold in 1,2. You said that people are not able to hear your voice. If it is hold related it might be not a bug. Either way the key to continue is ability to reproduce it.

I am sorry that custom greeting doesn’t work as you expected. Here is the explanation on how it supposed to work. Please let me know if you see any differences.

• You upload and save custom greeting to your account
  • this greeting will be played to everyone (including hosts) who join your conference
  • the greeting is played only once for each person.

Please note that your greeting is 30 seconds long. It means you force every single participant of your meeting to spend 30 seconds every single time they try to join you.

Thank you,
Eugene