Disabling Webcams

Hi,

Can I prevent users from opening their webcams during the webinar the same way as the mics?

It is really annoying because it causes disturbance to me while recording the webinar and to the attendees as well.

Thanks.

Currently, we do not have a feature to disable video. This is a great suggestion. We’ll send this to the development team for consideration.

Here is what you can do

• move conference to Lecture Mode or Q&A mode

In this case all participant will only be able to see self and the active speaker. (i.e. they won’t be able to see other participants)
Host still be able to see everybody.

Since the conference only shows the active speaker - it is naturally shows only you because you will be the only one who is unmuted.

Thank you,
Eugene

Lecture mode is a good workaround however disabling video stream of participants saves a lot of bandwidth and also reduce distraction during a webinar. Sometime you don’t want to look at participants faces during a session. Please see if this option can be provided in future to stop participants video stream.

2 Likes

I would like to be able to disable webcams to keep the size of the recordings reasonable. If webcams are turned on, the recordings are 10 times larger than for audio onbly, e.g., 200MB instead of 20MB for a one-hour webinar.

thank you. We are considering to add this option.

Thank you,
Eugene

How goes the attempt to add option to disable webcam? There are times when NOT allowing them to be on, is important to keeping the focus of attendees on the lesson and not be distracted by faces or watching someone eat or , or, or, . Fingers crossed option is coming soon?

Hello! Right now if you use desktop app, you can click on “Disable all video” at the down right corner of the app, where you can also select Active speaker or Gallery view. Also, there are new Meeting settings allowing you to regulate who can use video during the meeting. Please check here: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/profile/settings?tab=meeting-settings

1 Like