No sound when joining a conference

Problem: “Join with computer audio” button does no react to clicks when joining a conference using FCC app on Windows 10, making it impossible for the user to join conference with audio.

Sound can be heard when pressing the “Play” button under “Playback devices” in Preferences -> Audio.

The prerecorded greeting message can be heard after clicking “I will decide later” button on the “Welcome to the meeting lobby” screen.

Here’s FCC.log file from the affected PC.

Hello! Please uninstall the application from your computer and then reinstall it. If the issue persists, then please email us at support@freeconferencecall.com. Include your dial-in number and access code, as well as the new app logs.

1 Like

I think I’ve found the cause of the problem: it happens when a PC has no recording devices enabled.

I was able to reproduce the issue by unplugging my microphone and making sure that no device is enabled in the “Recording devices” Windows menu. After doing so, I was unable to enable audio after joining a conference.

In the app, the “Join with computer audio” button was not responding to clicks and in Firefox, “Please allow audio access on your browser” message was displayed when pressing “Audio preferences” -> “Mic & Speakers” buttons, with no option to enable audio access.

1 Like

we might need to improve situations when there is no mic