Will callers still be asked to pay 0.01/minute if I purchase the "One Number" option?

Recently callers using TMobile & MetroPCS began receiving a message that the 701 area code was outside of their calling plan and that they would be charged 0.01 per minute to join the call.

How do I avoid this situation- what would be the least expensive plan to purchase that would enable my callers to join without the worry of being charged?

Hello,

The message you are hearing is coming from your service provider, T-Mobile or Metro PCS. In October of 2016 they made policy changes that began charging their customers $0.01/per minute to connect to conference lines, radio broadcast lines, and chat lines. Here is a link with more information about their policy. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33322

We want to assure you that our promise remains the same: FreeConferenceCall.com is still free and will always remain free for our loyal customers. We do not charge our customer to use our service. Although there is no permanent solution to this issue, I will provide you with a backup number that anyone that is a customer of these providers can utilize as a back door into the conference line and avoid calling charges.

Backup number instructions:

1. Dial backup number (425) 535-9170

2. You will now be prompted to dial the original dial-in number

3. You will now be prompted to enter the access code

***Note that only users experiencing issues connecting should use the backup number.

Also note: Your service provider is regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which takes customer complaints seriously. The more complaints they receive, the quicker they will work to resolve the issue with T-Mobile and Metro PCS. In order to help expedite a return to normal service, go to https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744 and complete the FCC complaint form. Under "Phone Issues”, choose Billing from the drop-down menu and explain your issue with the surcharge.

This Backup number is now also triggering the 0.01 charge message for T-Mobile users. Is there another number we can utilize?

Hello,

T-Mobile and Metro PCS, has been prompting their customers to pay a certain amount per minute to connect to conference lines, radio broadcast lines, and chat lines due to a contract they created on their end that states that they no longer consider conference lines, radio broadcast lines, and chat lines of any kind to be free.

Although there is no permanent solution to this, we can provide you a temporary backup number that will allow you and/or your participants to connect to the conference line without having to pay the certain amount per minute charge.

Our temporary Back-up Number is (206) 451-6065. You will still use the original dial-in number and access code along with this number, and the rest of your participants can continue to use the originally assigned Dial-In Number.

1 Like

This backup number is no longer working either. Is there another backup?

My employees informed me this morning that the 206 451-6065 temporary backup number is now charging them .01 per minute. Is there another work around for this issue or a new backup number they could use?

Thanks so much!