New Interface - Love it or Hate it

We too will be looking for a new vendor. A floating window that you cannot minimize is a disaster for a stock trader. I mentioned it in feedback from the beta version and now I am forced top use it. We will be gone in a week.

Thank you for the feedback. We will definitely consider the possibility to detach Attendee List and Chat from the main window. In this case you’ll be able to keep open only what you want leaving other windows minimized.

As for the compact mode: in the coming release we are adding a possibility to close it or resize to leave only buttons visible

Instantly collapsing the control window definitely took me by surprise. I too need chat list of attendees handy. Moderators especially!
I record, and sometimes leave a meeting early. Is there a way to set a timer to stop the recording after N minutes?

1 Like

Consider using “Continue Without Host” setting in Meeting Settings. It will stop the meeting if host is not present more than given amount of minutes

ABSOLUTELY HATE IT.

My attendees cannot log in. I cannot figure out how to host a meeting.

It seems every week there’s a new method to log in.

I can’t deal with a constantly changing platform. I’ll have to use something else if we can’t stabilize the system.

Can we just settle on an interface and use it for like 20 years so I don’t have to learn a new software every week?

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. On behalf of FreeConfereceCall.com, we apologize for the poor experience you are having with the new UI. I have sent you a private message. We’d love to troubleshoot with you and walk you through the new updates. In addition, we have daily Public Training session that we offer to all customers found here https://www.freeconferencecall.com/training

It’s AWFUL! My whole team hates it and has been very frustrated all week.

1. When you’re hosting it has the way too large small box that gets int he way and you can’t minimize it
  2. The small box no longer is green which was very helpful in reminding you were projecting so that when a meeting ends you remember to stop sharing or end the meeting!!!
  3. even though our settings say to ding when people join mid-meeting, it’s not announcing new people. This is TERRIBLE!!! We rely on knowing someone new has joined in, such as an owner, and we might go back to our formal meeting vs. informal conversation waiting for them!!!
  4. When you’re attending and you put something in front of the screen to check another application or help research something to answer a question etc., the annoying little box is in the way again. So you’d think you could just click it to see the full screen share back front and center, but no, it’s useless, just annoying and in the way
  5. You have to resize the stupid screen share EVERY SINGLE meeting. The default is too small, but I don’t want full screen. Just remember the size I resized it last time. We have to do this multiple times a day
  6. When you launch it, you have to click “I will decide later” to see the screen share, that makes zero sense. My team doesn’t want to force people to enter in a code to tie the phone number to the person. We have each others numbers memorized. This should not be mandatory, you should have a more logical choice, like “I’m dialed in”. The entire team has been confused all week. It makes no sense to force a change like this on all of us. I might want to use that feature in 1 out of 50 calls.

It feels like FCC did very little user testing on this. And what about sending us an email in advance to prepare us for this and login early and test it out vs. figuring it out live on a very important call with owners.

Susan

Hello Susan,

On behalf of FreeConferenceCall.com, we apologize for the poor experience you had using the new desktop application. We value your feedback and have sent it to our Product Development team.

There was a beta program available for a few months before the release that allowed a user to test and provide feedback. In addition to that, emails were sent to users on 8/27, 9/03 and 9/10 notifying you of the upcoming release.

There will be a release updating the compact model in the next month that will allow users to fully minimize the application to the tray.

We are continuing to work on updating the application based on user feedback and will continue to release improvements. We appreciate your time and value your suggestions during the process.

Thank you for feedback, here are some comments:

When you’re hosting it has the way too large small box that gets int he way and you can’t minimize it

hopefully will have the minimize option next release

The small box no longer is green which was very helpful in reminding you were projecting

we will consider to show the green dot on the button if ScreenSharing is active

even though our settings say to ding when people join mid-meeting, it’s not announcing new people.

This is not controlled by the executable. This is the feature of the bridge itself. Please consult Customer Service, there is something else happening here.

So you’d think you could just click it to see the full screen share back front and center, but no, it’s useless

Double click on the Compact View will bring the main window. We are adding a button on the Compact View to do so, hope it will be less confusing

You have to resize the stupid screen share EVERY SINGLE meeting

good call, will consider this preference to be persistent.

When you launch it, you have to click “I will decide later” to see the screen share, that makes zero sense. My team doesn’t want to force people to enter in a code to tie the phone number to the person. We have each others numbers memorized.

You don’t need to memorize it. Every client has “i - info” button in the toolbar that shows the numbers and the access codes to dial in.

Hope it helps,
Eugene

I agree just used FCC with the new interface for the first time. I would go back in a second. Is that an option? The new interface is in the way I also didn’t like that I wasn’t sure what I was sharing.

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the frustration and are working hard to make sure all suggestions are addressed.

Unfortunately, we don’t have an option to revert to the old interface. However, an upcoming release will give the option to minimize the host dashboard. We hope to have this pushed out asap.

We released the update that shall improve situation with the compact view window.

Eugene.

Sorry, earlier was better. I use it for audio with screen sharing. I don’t care for the empty box in the middle, but a very useful feature was being able to minimize it and move the docked panel around the screen and I could still see the chat or Q&A notification. Now none of that is possible.

Worst of it all, it has been crashing after today’s update! The program crashes on WIndows 7 32-bit OS as soon as I run it. It doesn’t even open up on the screen, but I see the app icon in the app tray. It vanishes when I move my cursor over it or click it. In the task manager I see FCC EN and also fcc_crashpad_handler running as long as the icon lasts.

Thank you for your feedback! We have not heard of the issue you are experiencing with the application crashing, we’d like to troubleshoot with you at your convenience. Please contact us at 844-844-1322.

I just got off a call that had 40 people on it…I was the facilitator…I had not used the program the last couple of months…saw there was an upgrade…the computer downloaded it…and then as i proceeded with the call I was unable even though I had it listed out…was unable to see the list of attendees at any time during the call…it just showed the one person who might have been talking at the time…pretty embarrassing…and I had to improvise with a Q and A session to have any dialogue…

Also if you wanted to have more than one person unmuted in the Q&A session it would not allow you to do that. I understand about upgrading software etc…but I would think the bugs would be worked out before you put it out there for all to use.

But then again I guess you get what you pay for…this has been a useful forum to utilize in the past but tonight’s experience would give me pause to use again in the future…never had this issue before.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the poor experience you had. We’d like to troubleshoot with you to make sure we address the issues so that you may hold future meeting with confidence. We have sent you a private message or you may contact us at 844-844-1322.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.
While the following seems to be a glitch or a confusion that our Customer Service can definitely resolve for you if you contact them

proceeded with the call I was unable even though I had it listed out…was unable to see the list of attendees at any time during the call…it just showed the one person who might have been talking

but the comment about Q&A below is a very good suggestion, thank you!

Also if you wanted to have more than one person unmuted in the Q&A session it would not allow you to do that.

While host still can unmute people manually this is not as intuitive as it used to be in the old interface. We will definitely fix it.

Thank you,
Eugene

Well to be honest it no longer works for me. I used to use it for every student I tutored and for my webinars and in the last update now every single student can’t get their camera to work. It is just either too complicated for not intuitive enough for anyone to use. Now, it is not user error as again I have the same students who used the previous version and their cameras worked fine but on this new one I have never been able to get any of the students cameras to work. They can see me but I can never see them. I am not a NEWBIE to freeconferencecall.com so that is not the issue. It is just not set up to be as automated as it should be when you connect with someone.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the poor experience you and your students are having. We’d like to troubleshoot with you to make sure we address the issue so that you may hold future meetings with confidence. We have sent you a private message or you may contact us at 844-844-1322.

I always have my students download the free software. They get in ok as normal but their cameras never work. Now, if only one student I would blame them but its now everytime they try to connect. I myself have tried hosting on multiple computers and same issue but its not on my end as my camera works fine and they see me, just want see them and they never see themselves either.